We all know that exercise can help us feel better. Here are a few tips for walking:
* Follow a pattern and make exercise part of the daily routine.
* Shoes can make all the difference. Don’t forget the socks.
* Make sure to check your blood sugar levels.
* It is recommended to walking 1 to 2 hours after a meal (your insulin and blood sugar levels have settled down). Mornings are also the best time.
* Talk to your doctor about your insulin requirements.
* Make sure to drink plenty of water and eat a healthy snack.
* Have a buddy, wear an ID, and pay attention to body signs.
Read article from Cure for Diabetes
Exercise may delay early aging of people with diabetes
Premature cardiovascular aging in people who have Type 2 diabetes can be delayed through regular exercise. Recent findings suggest that after 12 to 20 weeks of daily exercise, fitness levels can improve by as much as 40 percent.
This is good news especially for people with diabetes over the age of 40. As healthy adults age, they lose about 10 percent of fitness with every decade; however, fitness levels in middle-aged people with Type 2 diabetes decrease at double that rate. The goal to aim for is 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise, and can be something as simple as walking.
While it may at times be difficult to find time for exercise, it is an important element in our health.
Read More from U. S. News
How much does technology help to improve the quality of life for people with diabetes?
In person interaction has shown to improve long term health, but this could also be more expensive. So advocacy groups have been trying to create programs for more interaction online. How much does technology really play a part in how healthy individuals with diabetes are? There have been many studies that have considered the topic.
There are different types of tools available, some of which are more interactive than others. There have been small improvement in their blood sugar levels, but weight, cholesterol levels and quality of life seems to improve with access to technology.
Many of the programs help establish goals, provide advice, and some are more personal.
Read article from Reuters
Learn more about the pharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacturing and commercialization of novel compounds: http://www.bostonti.com/